Health & Educational
Nurse Re-Entry Program
Helping Oregon Nurses re-enter the field!
About Our Program
Health & Educational Consultants has been in operation for 35 years, helping RNs and LPNs re-enter nursing. Our primary focus is to help nurses re-enter the workforce or continue nursing when they cannot meet practice hours. This program is the only nursing re-entry program in Oregon approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN). According to our 2022 survey 96% of the students that complete the program at 6 months are either employed or volunteering. The average starting wage out of the program is as follows:
- LPN $33.00 an hour
- ADN $42.00 an hour
- BSN $46.00 an hour.
Our students complete 120 didactic hours and 160 precepted clinical hours to qualify for re-licensure through OSBN.
The didactic portion has 13 self-paced modules that are both online and textbook-based. Students will have 12-months to complete these modules.
Students will need a computer, printer, scanner, and high-speed internet to complete this program.
- Module 1. Professionalism
- Module 2. Quality and Safety
- Module 3. Patient-Centered Care/Cultural Competency
- Module 4. Communication & Inter-professional Collaboration
- Module 5. Assessment and Emergency Care
- Module 6. Dosage Calculation and Safe Medication Administration
- Module 7. Pain Management and Wound Healing
- Module 8. Orthopedic, Perioperative Care, and Respiratory Disorders
- Module 9. Cardiovascular Disorders, Stroke, and Diabetes
- Module 10. Fluids, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance, Kidney and GI Function
- Module 11. Care of the Elderly
- Module 12. Behavioral Health
- Module 13. Informatics, Documentation and Legal Accountability
- Mail a check for $150.00 to Health & Educational Consultants to hold your spot.
- Click on the class you want to attend and fill out the registration form.
- Print the study guide and pre-knowledge quiz and bring the materials to the skills class, including the completed pre-knowledge quiz.